We updated our Five Year Master Plan for the years 2013 – 2017. A link is provided below to this plan. Click on the link and review online. This is a large document so please be patient while it loads.
The Allen County Parks and Recreation Board is pleased to announce an upcoming Public Comment Meeting at 4:00 pm on March 14, 2013 at the Metea County Park Nature Center. The Allen County Parks and Recreation Board will be meeting that day and will be presented with the draft for their comments and approval. The public may attend and comment on the plan at this meeting.
Everyone is welcome to attend the meeting and provide comment and concerns regarding the plan. If you would rather not or cannot attend the meeting your comments are still important! Please feel free to email your comments to the Superintendent of Parks, Jeff Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org .
For more information, contact Jeff Baxter, Superintendent of Parks at 260-449-3180.
OUR REASONS FOR PLANNING?
1. Improve agency management.
2. Establish direction and set constraints.
3. Define goals, objectives and priorities.
4. Communicate direction to staff.
5. Allocate agency resources.
6. Facilitate delegation of responsibilities.
7. Manage change.
8. Assure public accountability.
9. Evaluate success.
10. Promote consistency in decisions.
11. Promote cooperation and unity.
GENERAL PLANNING GOALS
- Fulfill the original and primary purpose for establishing the Allen County Parks andecreation Department…to provide needed parks, recreational opportunities and open space facilities throughout the county which fill the void between those provided on a state-wide basis and those provided by local governments.
- Provide for the comprehensive outdoor recreational needs of the county to extent possible within resources constraints.
- Provide healthful and safe recreational pursuits, facilities and programs that reflect the area’s unique composition of persons, physical setting, and local resources.
- Preserve and enhance the county’s diverse natural and human resources and encourage greater public awareness and education of our attributes.
- These attributes include scenic resources, cultural antiquities, historical places and unique geological and environmental settings. These features should ideally be linked by trails or other means.
To comment, contact Jeff Baxter, Parks Superintendent: