MAY 4th & 5th
NOON to 7:00 pm
This years festival is planned for May 4th and 5th of 2013!
Hours are Noon to 7:00 pm both days.
Kids Area open Noon to 5:00 pm both days!
Cost: $5.00 per person, kids 11 and under are FREE
Sol Fest is a two day music festival at Fox Island County Park usually held the first weekend of May each year. It is a celebration of the Sun (solstice)! It’s cold now but remember Spring and Summer and the sun, they are right around the corner and so is Sol Fest!
Sol Fest began as an anniversary celebration of 25 years of nature education at Fox Island County Park and State Nature Preserve and the return of the summer season.
The most exciting thing about Sol Fest is that it benefits the KIDS!!! Most of the proceeds for the festival are designated for scholarships for schools that can’t afford to visit Allen County Parks on field trips, kids that can’t afford to attend our day camps and to provide environmental educational programming to organizations that assist disadvantaged kids. Sol Fest also allows our naturalists to travel to schools, local organizations, community centers, youth centers and youth detention centers. The other portion of the proceeds go back into putting on next years festival.
WHAT CAN YOU DO AT SOL FEST???????
We’re planning a wide variety of activities this year for everyone…
- Music – Come sit in the sun and the grass and listen to some of the most talented artists in the area. We’ve got something for everyone from ”wired” to ”acoustic” at our Main Stage.
- Beer Garden - Provided by the Mad Anthony Brewing Company – Enjoy some great brews, made right here in Allen County!
- Kids Area OPEN NOON to 5:00 PM both days- Planned activities such as kids nature hikes, crafts, edible insects, animal demonstrations, and games. Depending on sponsorships we are looking at Moonwalks, Slides, maybe even a climbing wall.
- Hayrides – Hop on the hay wagon and travel to different areas of the park for different activities
- Food – Enjoy some great food provided by local vendors and organizations
- Visit many local not for profit and local vendors booths, learn what they have to offer as well as learn to be “Green”
- Demonstrations – we hope to have canoe, kayak and bike demonstrations
- Hey, GO TAKE A HIKE!!! – Ever wanted to tell somebody “Go take a hike!” Now you can, bring that someone along with you to the festival and then tell’em!! Take off on a hike throughout our 600 acres, 250 of which are dedicated State Nature Preserve. Climb a 40 foot high sand dune.
- Dig for fossils
- Visit our Nature Center and learn more about ALL of our programs…we don’t stop when the festival is over!!
- RELAX – You can surely find a place at Fox Island to just relax, take a break from the hustle and the bustle, forget how cold it was in January and February. Take a deep breath……..its the beginning of May, Summer is ALMOST HERE!!!
QUESTIONS! – If you would like more information regarding the festival contact Ron Zartman at 449-3180 or email@example.com
SPONSORSHIPS – We’re looking for sponsors!!!!!!!! Putting on a two day festival is not without its share of costs. As mentioned before, our goal is to provide scholarships and opportunities for kids and organizations that could not otherwise afford environmental education programs, day camps and field trips. The more sponsorships that we can get to pay the bills, the more proceeds we can put into the scholarships. If you or your organization is interested in sponsoring all or a portion of the festival please contact Jeff Baxter at 449-3180 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org, he’ll be happy to talk to you about our different levels of sponsorships (and what you get for your sponsorship) or send you out a packet.
VOLUNTEERS – Want to help out at this years festival, we’d love to have you!!! Contact Natalie at 449-3180 or email@example.com.
SEE YOU AT THE PARK!!!!!!!!!