We have changed our landing page for awhile due to current events and to keep you all updated on what’s going on with Allen County Parks!
03/25/20 Note from Superintendent – No news, thankfully although the Stay at Home Order has been given. Parks still remain open, with the restrictions listed below from 3/23/20. Remember if you are coming out please practice safe distancing from each other. Also as noted below playgrounds are closed to play. Scroll down for link to Self Guided Activities.
03/24/20 Note from Superintendent – As of right now you are still welcome to visit and hike BUT PLEASE DO NOT COME IN LARGE GROUPS. Distancing is still in effect. We do not want to be put in a position where we have to close the parks due to large crowds gathering!!
03/24/20 Link to Fox Island Facebook page with Jeff Ormiston’s awesome videos on salamander larvae along with many other cool things! Also check out the self guided activities link below.
03/23/20 Link to Frequently Asked Questions regarding the Governor’s latest Executive Order. An excerpt from this includes this:
“Can I take my kids to the park?
State parks remain open, but welcome centers, inns, and other buildings are closed. Families will be able to go outside and take a walk, run or bike ride, but they should continue to practice social distancing by remaining 6 feet away from other people. Playgrounds are closed because they pose a high risk of increasing spreading the virus.“
County Parks remain open with same restrictions at this time.
03/23/20 Links to Self Guided Activities here
NO we are NOT renting cross country skis!!!! 03/23/20
Note from the Superintendent: 03/20/20
The staff at County Parks hopes that all of you are well and staying healthy! If you’re not you’re most certainly in our prayers.
If you are healthy and more than likely stuck at home, a good walk in the woods or prairie can be quite uplifting. OBVIOUSLY IF OUR LOCAL OFFICIALS SAY STAY HOME THEN LISTEN!! I just came back from outside the Nature Center and all the critters are having a wonderful time (they don’t watch the news evidently), the birds are singing, frogs are going nuts, we found salamander larvae, squirrels and chipmunks are still busy so the animal world is still conducting a show for all of us humans.
To that end we wanted to update you on a few items:
- Read Press Release 03/20/20 click here
- The parks will remain open during our normal hours (9 am – 7 pm)
- Nature Centers are closed to the public but restrooms will be available via alternate methods. Signs will be posted.
- All scheduled programs ARE CANCELLED through the end of April
- All volunteer activities are CANCELLED through the end of April
- All scheduled rentals are in the process of either being rescheduled or cancelled through the end of April. Our cancellation policies are temporarily suspended so refunds will be available although the process may take time. Staff will be contacting all renters via email and phone to discuss process.
If things change we will update accordingly!