A REMINDER – Alcohol, of any kind, is not permitted in any Allen County Park with the exception of the Nature Centers and that is only when certain criteria is met. Coolers are subject to search and seizure.
Allen County Parks are only partially tax supported. Operating expenses must be met through user and program fees. Admission is $2.00 per person age 7 and older. Passes are available on an annual basis (good for one year from purchase date) starting at $15.00. Activities at various parks include hiking, swimming, fishing, sledding, cross-coutry skiing (rentals avilable), playgrounds, picnic areas, playfields, and many nature-based programs for all ages.
Wheeled vehicles (except wheelchairs) are not permitted on trails, and pets are not permitted in the state nature preserve areas (clearly marked).
Allen County Parks currently operates five parks:
- Fox Island (southwest Allen County near Aboite)
- Metea (northeast Allen County near Leo)
- Payton (northern Allen County near Huntertown)
- Cook’s Landing (northern Allen County on Coldwater Rd.)
- Deer Run Wilderness Area / Timberline Challenge Course