NOTICE: FOX ISLAND WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE DUE TO EXTENSIVE STORM DAMAGE TO THE PROPERTY AND NO POWER OR PHONES! WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!
PAYTON COUNTY PARK WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC
APRIL 25, 2022 THRU JUNE 30, 2022
TO ALLOW PARKING AND TRAIL CONSTRUCTION IN CONJUNCTION WITH A LAND & WATER CONSERVATION FUND GRANT.
WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE
Information relating to ALL Allen County Parks
- WE LOVE YOUR DOG BUT ALL DOGS MUST BE ON A LEASH AND UNDER THE CONTROL OF THE PERSON WHO BROUGHT THE DOG.
- FIREWORKS OF ANY KIND ARE STRICTLY PROHIBITED IN ANY ALLEN COUNTY PARK!
- ALCOHOL, OF ANY KIND, IS NOT PERMITTED IN ANY ALLEN COUNTY PARK! COOLERS ARE SUBJECT TO SEARCH AND SEIZURE.
Allen County Parks are only partially tax supported. Operating expenses must be met through user and program fees. Admission is $2.00 per person age 7 and older. Passes are available on an annual basis (good for one year from purchase date) starting at $15.00. Activities at various parks include hiking, swimming, fishing, sledding, cross-country skiing with your own equipment, playgrounds, picnic areas, playfields, and many nature-based programs for all ages.
Wheeled vehicles (except wheelchairs) are not permitted on trails.
Allen County Parks currently operates five parks:
- Fox Island (southwest Allen County near Aboite)
- Metea (northeast Allen County near Leo)
- Payton (northern Allen County near Huntertown) CLOSED FOR CONSTRUCTION
- Cook’s Landing (northern Allen County on Coldwater Rd.)
- Allen County Hanauer Reserve – Easterday Road
- Deer Run Wilderness Area / Timberline Challenge Course